Here at PPN, some might call us food snobs. It’s ok, it’s a title we embrace! We hold our food to high standards because we believe food should do more than just taste good and fill you up when you’re hungry. Food should fuel, nourish, and heal - it should make you feel good!
The best way to do this is with wholesome, clean, fresh foods. The easiest way to make sure our food is as fueling, nourishing, and healing as possible it to make it all from scratch ourselves. This includes all of our dressings, marinades, sauces, and stocks.
We hand pick each ingredient that goes into the making of your meals so we are able to make sure everything we use fits the high standards we embrace and makes you feel as good as you should after eating. All of our orders are delivered with ingredients listed on the label of each meal so you can know exactly what you’re putting into your body. Meals also come labeled with heating and macro information.
We believe it is important to keep the below items out of our food. Not only do they provide little, if any, nutrients, they have the potential to be very damaging to the body. Please keep in mind, we are passionate about nutrition here at PPN and we try to stay on top of the newest nutrition related science. As new evidence is produced, we may update this list.
In our meals, you will never find
- Added sulfites (Sulfites naturally occur in some vinegars.)
- Artificial colors and flavors
- Artificial sweeteners
- High fructose corn syrup or table sugar
- Hydrogenated oils (trans fat)
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Nitrates or Nitrites (Even though they are acceptable for the Whole30 program.)
- Preservatives (We allow a few additives and only those approved by the Whole30 program, see below. *)
- Vegetable or seed oils
Where do we get the good stuff?
As a local business, we prefer to support other local businesses. The majority of our ingredients are sourced from local purveyors. For items that we can’t source locally, we search far and wide to find ingredients that fit our standards.
- The Butcher Shoppe – chicken, beef, pork, and turkey
- Flora Bama Farms – fresh produce
- Joe Patties Seafood – fresh seafood
- The Bodacious Olive – flavored olive oils and vinegars
- The Simple Grocer – Whole30 compliant sausage and bacon
- Vitacost, Evermans, Publix, Olive Nation, SAMs – misc. ingredients.
For more info on our ingredients click HERE.
Eat good, feel good, conquer your week.
*The only additives we will allow are these Whole30 approved additives. We still seek to find ingredients free of these additives and use those instead when possible. https://whole30.com/downloads/additives.pdf