Apple Cider Vinegar
Just a heads up, beginning next week the weekly blog post will be moved to Wednesdays.
I hope you had a great week and I would love to hear what outdoor adventures were planned! You can let me know in the comments section below : ) The topic for this week is apple cider vinegar (ACV). You may know there are a ton of uses for ACV but today I want to talk about the benefits of drinking it... YUM!
Week 7 - Drink Apple Cider Vinegar Daily
ACV is known to have many health benefits when ingested. Studies show that drinking it before a high-carbohydrate can slow the rate at which blood sugar levels rise and that it can help reduce waist circumference. For more information on these studies, see the links below. In addition to these awesome benefits, it is known to help fight off colds and sore throat infections, it is believed to help reduce the risk of cancer, it can soothe an upset stomach and help prevent indigestion if taken before a meal, it gives you a boost of energy, and it can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Shoot for 1 - 2 teaspoons per day (or more if you'd like).
- Try with one glass in the morning and one in the evening OR
- If you are trying to lose weight, drink yours a few minutes before eating higher carbohydrate meals or food.
- Any time you feel a cold coming on - reach for the ACV!
- Whenever you need an energy boost, take some ACV!
- I wouldn't recommend drinking it by itself, so add it to a glass of water or check out the recipe on the blog photo. We like to skip the cinnamon and add a clove of garlic, some turmeric and a dash of cayenne. Feel free to experiment with it!
For more ACV uses, check out this site ---> http://mamavation.com/2015/01/25-ways-apple-cider-vinegar-will-change-life.html
Aaand.. For research on slimming that waistline, check out this article --->http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19661687
Do you have your own detox drink recommendation? Give us the details in the comments section below!
See you back next week!