- What is Paleo, Primal, and Whole30? Both Paleo and Primal style diets are focused on clean, healthy eating. These diets encourage eating lots of vegetables, protein, fruits, nuts, seeds, and healthy oils and fats. They both recommend eliminating gluten, corn, refined sugars, and processed foods, and recommend regular exercise and minimal alcohol intake. The big difference between the two: Paleo completely eliminates dairy, legumes, and grains. Strict Paleo eliminates potatoes (we consider potatoes an OK Paleo food and you will see them regularly on our menu). Primal allows for potatoes, and occasionally, long grain white rice, legumes, and raw or fermented dairy. So where does Whole30 fit in? Whole30 is a 30 day (or longer) elimination diet designed to help the body reset. It is very similar to a strict Paleo diet (although potatoes are completely Whole30 compliant) with a few added restrictions. Paleo only restricts refined sugars and still allows for natural sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup, Whole30 eliminates these items. Whole30 also advises against trying to make compliant versions of junk foods and desserts. Whole30 is not intended to be a permanent practice while Paleo and Primal are a lifestyle. Here at PPN we tend to live a more Primal lifestyle although most of our menu items already are or have a Paleo or Whole30 compliant option.
- What is Keto? The Keto diet, short for Ketogenic, is a low carb, moderate protein, high fat diet designed to put the body into a state of ketosis. Entering ketosis allows the body to run off of ketones produced by the liver.
- What is Vegan? A vegan eliminates all animals and animal products.
- What are the different meal sizes? STANDARD portions: ~4-5 ounces protein, 1/2 - 1 cup carb - if applicable, 1/2 - 1 1/2 cups vegetable. These are typical or averaged sized meals. EXTRA PROTEIN Portions: 8 oz protein and a half extra serving of carbohydrate (if applicable) per meal. These are larger meals with extra protein. LOW CARB Portions: Any rice, pasta, potato or other carbohydrate will be replaced with an extra serving of vegetables. These meals are low carb and lower calorie. **Macros information will be listed on each meal and can be found by clicking a meal on our New Menu/Order page **A new menu is posted every Friday morning and is available to order from until 9 PM Thursday. All orders must be placed during this time for the following Sunday's delivery. Any order placed Friday-Sunday will be delivered the following weekend.
- When is the order deadline? All orders delivery must be placed before 9PM on Thursday for the following Sunday (home)/Monday (business) delivery. Any orders placed Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be delivered on following weekend.
- When is my order delivered? HOME DELIVERIES: Meals are delivered between 8AM-8PM on Sunday. We will deliver your meals in a cooler bag. If you know you will not be available within an hour or two of delivery we ask that you leave an additional cooler out for us to place your meals in. This will help to ensure they stay as fresh as possible. *See delivery page for details. BUSINESS and GYM DELIVERIES: If your meal are being delivered to a business location, they will be delivered on Monday. We will try to make all business deliveries before noon on Monday. If we cannot make it to you before noon you will be notified of a later delivery time.
- If I selected store pick up, when can I pick my meals up? Orders are available for pick-up Monday from 10:30am-6:30pm and Tuesday-Wednesday from 10:30-2pm.
- How often do you change your menu? In order to keep things interesting, we change our menu every week! We are always working to come up with new and exciting meals for our valued customers.
- How long will my meals last once I receive them? Most meals will last 5-7 days in the refrigerator or 4 weeks frozen (see next question). If you do not freeze your meals, please eat by the "Enjoy Date" on the label. Since our food is made fresh and without preservatives, sometimes a meal may go bad sooner than the recommended date. We suggest eating any seafood dishes at the beginning of the week to guarantee optimal freshness.
- Can I freeze my meals? For optimal freshness, flavor, and texture, we think it is best to avoid freezing meals but they may be frozen if needed. If you choose to freeze your meals we recommend wrapping them in plastic wrap to help prevent freezer burn. To defrost your meals, please leave them in the refrigerator overnight then heat according to the suggestion on the package.
- Refunds/Returns: Due to the nature of our product, we are unable to accept returns. If you are not satisfied with a meal please contact us and let us know. We like to do all we can to provide the best product to our customers and cannot fix problems we don't know about. Should you ever receive the wrong order or are missing part of your order, please contact us immediately and we will do all we can to correct the issue.
- Hurricane Season/Weather: If there is ever an instance where bad weather is expected to strike we may decide to cancel and refund all orders for the week or move our delivery day. In any event where this may occur, you will be notified. If we choose to move delivery days, you will have the option to cancel your order. We thank you for your understanding!
All of our meals are served in BPA free packaging. Calorie counts are estimates based off nutritional information provided by CalorieCount.com.