Week 6: Surroundings
Surround yourself by the right people.
Congratulations, you've made it to the final week of your 6 Week Wellness Course! This weeks focus is going to be on the people you surround yourself with. If you've enjoyed this challenge and/or if there is anything you would like to dig deeper into, please let us know at email@example.com.
- - - -
We are heavily influenced by the people we surround ourselves with. The saying goes, "You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with," and it's true. Have you ever spent time around someone and felt miserable and drained afterwards? Some people can suck away your happiness, energy, and even your resources. Have you ever tried to accomplish a goal but failed because those around you weren't on the same page? This often happens with those who are trying to lose weight or clean up their eating habits but are surrounded by people who aren't interested in doing the same or worse, are completely un-supportive.
If you want to rise to greatness, you must surround yourself with those who are doing the same. Even if your end goal isn't greatness, but just to improve overall, it is necessary to fill your life with people that will encourage and support you along the way. There are some things to consider when deciding who to surround yourself with. Does this person:
- energize you?
- inspire you?
- motivate you?
- encourage you to be more productive?
- support you?
- make you feel like you have what it takes to reach your goals?
These are the type of people you want in your life. The don't have to be similar to you, you don't have to agree with everything they believe, but they should offer the above.
If you find it difficult to find people like this to physically surround yourself with, we have good news! You can still surround yourself with these types of people in the form of books, podcasts, blogs, magazines, apps, and following the right people on social media. Even if you do have these type of people physically in your life, you still can take advantage of an extra boost by using these resources.
- Podcasts: Listen to podcasts by people doing things or discussing things related to what you want to achieve. Even listening to other people, what they are doing, and their struggles and triumphs, will encourage, motivate, and energize you.
- Books, blogs, and magazines: Listen to or read books and magazines related to your goals. If you're trying to eat cleaner subscribe to a magazine that focuses on that lifestyle. We really like Paleo magazine, even if not following that type of diet, it still inspires a cleaner way of living. If working on improving any aspect of your life, business, health, we recommend 'Tribe of Mentors' by Tim Ferriss, 'Game Changers' by Dave Asprey, and 'Own The Day, Own Your Life' by Aubry Marcus.
- Applications: We highly recommend the Mind Valley and Mind Valley Quest apps. With these apps you can listen to advice from others, learn, and even complete different self-improvement "Quests."
- Social media: Follow social media accounts that inspire you and motivate you and join groups that help with accountability.
If you do not have people physically surrounding you who support and inspire you, or even if you do, you can still reap significant benefits from doing any or all of the above, especially if you make it a part of your daily life.
Click the task below to view your goal for this week. Remember, you'll be adding this to your tasks from previous weeks.
Daily Surroundings Task
Below you can print your goal tracking sheet for this week. Use this space under the Notes section to comment on any changes you notice and how your feeling. We recommend reviewing your sheet each morning to remind yourself of your tasks for the day.